Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Sony Nextep Wrist computer of 2020!


I remember back in the eighties, when someone wanted to show some concept technology, they would say something like: “By the year 2000, this will be the technology”.

Apparently, 2020 is the new 2000. I don’t know how many times I’ve seen concept technology that has said: “this is the tech of the year 2020″.

This is a bracelet watch/mobile device called the Sony Nextep Computer, which has a pull-out keyboard, as well as an OLED screen.

Now, you’re probably thinking that the white box above the Sony Nextep Computer is the box that the device comes in, but it is, in fact, a hologram. Yes, that’s right, I said hologram. This is one of those technologies that requires holograms in order to be made real. I can’t help but wonder how far away is a holographic society?

I guess we’ll soon find out, and when we do, it will be one of those technologies that just takes over. Sort of like cell phones, texting, Twitter, Facebook, and everything else technological that feels like it sprung up overnight.

Anyway, the Nextep wrist computer is designed by Hiromi Kiriki, and I would love to see it on my wrist. Perhaps I’ll see it at a trade show and get a chance to try it out. In the words of George Takei: “Oh my!”

Seja o primeiro a comentar

Post a Comment

youWANTanything ©Template Blogger Green by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO